What’s the secret ingredient to radically improve every aspect of your life?
When you hear the words self-love, what comes to mind? Maybe you picture long bubble baths and manicures. Or you imagine standing in front of a mirror reciting I love you over and over. While it does feel good to do these things, it’s not how you develop true self-love.
The dictionary definition of self-love is, “regard for one’s own well-being and happiness.” I’ve also seen it described as showing respect for ourselves and our well-being. The important thing is that it’s your own feelings and actions for your own well-being. It’s for you, from you.
What does not loving ourselves look like? Here are just a few ways lack of self-love might show up in your life:
· not taking care of mind, body, spirit wellness
· staying in unhealthy relationships
· not standing up for yourself
· being afraid to speak your truth
· lack of confidence to be your true self
· not following your passion
· overall feeling of being “stuck”
Of course, cultivating self-love would lead to the opposite of the list above. When you truly love yourself, you are confident, strong, sure, and feel free to be yourself and follow your passions. You make healthy choices for wellness in all areas of your life and accept nothing less than being treated as you deserve. Can you imagine a life filled with those feelings?
If you said, sign me up, I want to feel that way, here are a few steps you can take to start your journey back to self-love.
1. Heal your energy body. If you know my work, you knew this was coming. But healing your energy body gets to the very root of the issue. You can clear energetic blocks which opens your systems to heal more completely and thrive. I would, of course, recommend Reiki but utilize the energy work that your most drawn to. Make sure to work with your chakra system!
2. Heal trauma. This is so important because often trauma causes stuck energy, feelings of shame, and depletes your self-worth. Healing trauma can be complex so make sure to work with a therapist, life-coach, pastor, spiritual teacher, or whomever you trust to help you process and release emotions safely. Energy work will also help with this process.
3. Forgive yourself. This is also tied to shame. Often, we are harder on ourselves than others are on us. When we make mistakes, we internalize those errors as something fundamentally wrong with us which slowly chips away at our self-love. Learning to forgive yourself for mistakes of the past will go a long way in healing your heart.
4. Practice good self-care. This includes such things as getting proper sleep, eating nourishing foods, exercising, and healthy social interactions. It also means taking time daily, or at least a few times a week, for just you. Yes, this can be long bubble baths and manicures, as long as it’s something that fills your cup.
As you heal, your heart will begin to re-open. You will see yourself for the amazing person you are and all you have to offer this world. You will radically change every aspect of your life and start living a life filled with joy, purpose, and love. Furthermore, when you heal, that new positive energy has a positive affect on all those around you. This is why self-love is not selfish.
To help you with this journey, I have created The 14 Day Self-Love Challenge. The 14 Day Self-Love Challenge kicks off on January 31, just in time for February, so we can tap into the energy of the month of love. This program approaches developing self-love from more of a metaphysical angle with Reiki, meditation, EFT Tapping, oracle cards, journaling, and more. It is schedule friendly to fit into your busy life. I also kept the price low because I am passionate about helping others develop self-love, just as I am on that journey myself.
I am beyond excited to be offering this program again this year. Here’s what one of the participants from last year had to say…
“I loved the self-love challenge…it helped me realize the importance of caring for ourselves. The challenges were hard, but that was good. I also enjoyed the Reiki sessions. I felt my energy shift! Thank you, Stacy. “ -M.S.
Click here for more details and to register. Invest in yourself, invest in your future. You are worth it!